Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Test Week

I give test once every nine weeks ( yes I give test in Art) One of the students told another teacher that it was crazy to take test in art. Fear not it was a color wheel test. All they had to do was fill in the color wheel in the correct order and spaces. After looking at the Art of Education post on assessments I have change my test just a little. First it is not something the students have never seen. As a matter of fact some of the students recognized it from last year. We are constantly going over the information in class weather they realize it or not. Every project builds on the information and they are constantly exposed to everything that is on the test. I pick usually the 7th or 6th week of school to give me enough time grade them and to see what I need to elaborate on in class. I talk to them before the test about not going crazy if they get something wrong or about cheating. They are usually pretty good about not cheating but they always want to talk. I told them if they talk they get a zero and a note home, so far so good I haven't had to send any notes home.




No comments:

Post a Comment