Thursday, October 24, 2013

2nd Nine Weeks

Oh we are in going into the second week of the of the second nine weeks and we are moving in class.
Some new things on my part. I have to enter daily grades for each of my classes. It is not that big of a task as I thought it's just remembering to do it by the end of the day. I like though, It gives the students and opportunity to have more grades since I don't see them very often.

 Well during the first week we have being doing zentangled designs in every grade level. This is the way I introduce the element of design Line. After this I get in to Op art with my 3rd graders, Scratch Art with my 2nd graders, Perspective with my 4th and 5th graders.

 I dictated on the board and when I finished I gave them another sheet of paper and had them create the designs again by themselves and with out my help. They either had to look at the example they just drew or ask some one at their table for help. Little do they know that little practice sheet is one of their study guides for their test.

 With my younger students we did a perspective scene and a zentangled design. I was so impressed with how they followed directions I have changed some of their projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment