Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Repeat pattern color wheels

Last nine weeks I had the 5th graders complete a repeat pattern color wheel. I changed it from the original idea of the think bubbles. I just thought it was a little too random the way I had it set up. I am glad I changed it I like the way some of these turned out way better. They really enjoyed this project, it gave them an opportunity to mix and make colors. They mixed secondary and tertiary colors. They eventually found out that mix red violet wasn't as had as they thought. Oh yeah I only gave them primary colors to do all the mixing oh and a certain amount for their group, for the whole class period. Can you imagine how upset some students were when their team mate mixed up their paint.

 I gave them stencils and told them they had to trace the image 12 times and some the image can be off the page. The only thing that wasn't allowed was over lapping.




 Ummm Mistakes. I laugh because I did not teach anything about brown on the color wheel. I was still amazed because the brown was not a yucky muddy brown but a very nice pretty brown. So we called it skyler brown. All mistakes are not bad. He still needs to repaint this and put the right color.
 Happy Color: To achieve skyler Brown he says he mixed all the primary colors and made sure he used a lot of red. Some body should try this.

No comments:

Post a Comment