Monday, September 23, 2013

The way we work. Part 2 3rd-5th grade

Now the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders have a slightly different task when they first enter the art room. They have sketchbook entries. It is a way I can incorperate writing into art. I do this in other ways but this is a guarenteed way that it will be done in class, sometimes we run out of time to do the other writing activities. These do count as apart of their grades.  I wised up this year and made special pages for them to put on the front and on the inside of their sketchbooks instead of having them make them, that took to much time away from working. It is working out well. So next year I will just put that on the supply list.


 There is a prompt on the board and they just follow the directions and they work for just seven minutes.
I really enjoy reading some of their entries. This also introduces them to different artist that I might not have time to go over in depth.



No comments:

Post a Comment