Thursday, September 19, 2013

COLOR COLOR AND MORE COLOR

So we are already in the 5th week of the first nine weeks. The time seems to be flying. Our whole focus point for this nine weeks is working and learning about the element of Design Color. When I put together the lessons for the nine weeks I usually focus on one element. It doesn't mean I am not going to cover some or all the other ones but it's the main focus of our lesson. So here we go:

Kindergarten has been completing a color wheel and learning about mixing colors. So I had them to make a color wheel with finger paint. They had the opportunity to get messy with the color and stamp all over their paper. They also had the change to mix the colors together...dare I say it... with their hands. I love the look on their faces when they have realized they have made green. It's classic. We also read Mouse Paint.

First Grade has also completed a color wheel after reading the story Mouse Paint we created our own mouse color wheel with crayons. We also read the book "The Dot" and created our own dot master pieces by using only primary and secondary colors. They really like this project I had different materials on each table and gave them 5 minutes to work at each table and then they switched.



 These turned out well. There are some that did not do so well but they will get better as the school year progresses.


 This was intended to be a color wheel, but we all had trouble because of the excitement of finger painting so I just left as a hand print primary and secondary exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment