Thursday, September 19, 2013

3rd, 4th and 5th Grade Color Wheel Project

So this year I though it would be fun to do a painted color wheel project in addition to color wheel that they color for their test, which is coming up in two weeks. Before we even start I wanted them to get use to mixing paint. So first order of business was to do a reference sheet. The color wheel is also a reference sheet but this sheet would have swatches  and information to help remind them of what they did, so when they did the actual project they can refer to the sheets to complete the work.
 I did this in college in my color theory class. The students have to glue the swatches they painted on to the paper and then tell me the color and how they made it. Of course they would just name the primary colors.
 I had them rename the colors something fun like yum yum yellow or funstatic red. Heehee those were my names for my colors. All 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students are doing this before they even start on their project.
 So this is the teacher sample I made to show the students and to see if I like the idea. I think it's ok, but the students like it so we will go with it. This one is for the 5th graders.( I printed this guy off the internet to show the students what I want them to look like. Still not sure if I am going to use them or just print some cartoon character and let them cut it out instead. Stay tuned)
This is another teacher sample. I printed the little girl from the internet to show the students what they would be doing. This one is for 4th Grade

Third graders are doing ice cream scoops and cones. I forgot to take a picture. I will place it in another post or this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment