Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Project Overload: First Grade

We have been learning about underwater animals this nine weeks in class. This is a time I like to combine recycled materials and our learning of animals into several projects. So our first animal was a STARFISH. I like this project with 1st graders, they are always super excited when I show the videos and pictures and of course I am jumping around all over the place.
 The first day they painted a toilet paper roll.

 So what I had them do  on the next day was on blue paper draw and under water scene and they cut into their toilet paper roll so that they had five pieces. I hot glued the pieces together( we are on a time crunch so I glued them together, it went faster) I then drizzled regular elmer's glue on them and they added sand to their star fish. The it was glued to their papers and taken home the same day.



No comments:

Post a Comment